Over the past two months or so, I’ve done quite a bit of travelling and staying away from home (for more than I’m used to anyway). In mid-November, I went to Ottawa for a weekend. In early December, I went to California for a week. New Years Eve was spent in a hotel downtown, and I recently spent two days in Niagara Falls. One thing that I always pack with me is my makeup bag. Here are my beauty must haves whenever I go away.
- Kat Von D Lock-it Powder Foundation (in the shade Medium 62)
- I wrote about this in my Sephora haul post but it still holds up to be one of my favourite products. I started using a brush to apply (I use Elf’s Powder brush or Sephora’s Classic Mini Multitasker Brush #45.5 ) instead of the pad that comes with the powder. Just a couple of swipes leaves me with flawless looking skin! It doesn’t transfer, doesn’t make me look cakey, and it lasts all day.
- TheBalm Betty-Lou Manizer
- The packaging describes this product as an “All-in-one bronzer, shimmer, and eyeshadow.” It’s a nice golden brown shade, which I find compliments my skin tone really well. I really like that it has multiple uses – I’ve used it as both an eyeshadow and a highlight. It helps save space when packing powders/shadows.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner (in the shade Trooper)
- If you know me in person, you’ll know that I have very watery eyes. It can be hard for me to wear eye makeup and find products that actually last all day. Since I started using this eyeliner, I haven’t looked back. It doesn’t budge and actually stays on like a tattoo (sorry, I had to). As you can maybe see in the picture, the print on the pen is starting to rub off because I use it so much!
- Vichy Pureté Thermale 3-in-1 One Step Solution
- I got this in a sample size after buying a Vichy lotion a while back. I never had a use for it until now. Admittedly, I didn’t know about micellar water and what it did until very recently. This works as a cleanser, toner, and makeup remover all in one. Just wipe it on a cotton pad, wipe all over your face and you’re good to go! This is very helpful for travelling as you don’t need to pack a separate cleanser/toner/makeup remover.
Lastly, it’s always hard for me to choose which lipsticks to bring with me whenever I go away. Generally I stick with these as they’re my go to. From left to right:
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick, in the shades: Lolita II and Outlaw
- Tarte Tarteist Lip Paint in Fomo
- Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Wolvesmouth (can you tell I love KVD products?)
There you have it, my top products I need with me. What are your must-have beauty travel essentials? Let me know in the comments!
If you liked this post, please feel free to tweet and pin the image below!